Established to serve God and West Orange County, Florida in 1950!
We’re a parish family:
- loving God
- loving our neighbors
- and loving one another
Just like any family, the COTM family is a blend of people:
- at every age and stage of life
- who come in a variety of sizes, colors, and and shapes
Church of the Messiah offers to be a family for those whose families live far away, and to be an extended family for those with blood relatives close by.
Being a family means:
- We don’t always agree with each other! But we seek to disagree without being disagreeable.
- Some of us annoy others of us from time to time, but even when that happens, we choose to stick together as family.
- Most of all, it means we get to share life together,
- In the joys of births, baptisms, graduations, weddings, and successes
- AND the sorrows of sickness, disappointment, divorce, and death
Please click around the website and discover more of who we are, and, as you do, please listen to God. He may be calling you to become part of the Messiah family.
Our Mission Statement: Who we are.
We are a Parish Family of all ages and stages and kinds and colors of people committed to Jesus, the Parish Family, and each other with the love of Jesus the Messiah.
- Together in a rich buffet of opportunities for worship, prayer, and Bible study; adjusting the menu as the needs and numbers of people determine
- Individually through personal prayer, Bible study, and living our faith
Loving Our Neighbors
- by serving people in our community and beyond in ever-widening circles
- meeting their needs AND
- inviting them to come be part of God’s family
Loving One Another
- casual friendships and deliberate small groups to equip, encourage, and care for each other
Vision: What we seek to do
To change the world with Jesus: one child, one person, one family, one community at a time. To that end we pray, work, and seek unchurched people who are spiritually hungry and committed Christians ready to serve.
- To change the world – No smaller goal is acceptable! We will not quit until “God’s will is done on earth as it is in heaven.”
- With Jesus – Jesus said, “Without me you can do nothing,” so we do nothing without Jesus.
- One child – Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.” We welcome children of all ages and commit to raising them “to know and love the Lord.”
- One person – People are our priority. Therefore we will “equip each person for the work of ministry” and help each person find his/her role in the family of God.
- One family – We offer to be a family for those without family or whose family lives far away, and to be an extended family for those with blood relatives close by.
- One community – As we allow the Messiah to transform us, He will also transform our community through us.
- At a time – Because time is short, we continually “press on toward the goal” God gives us each year, while looking ahead to our next step in faith, hope, and love.
To that end
- We pray, first and foremost, without ceasing, in spirit and in truth, fervently. All of God’s actions and ours begin with prayer. Prayer is the force that overcomes inertia, the tool that smooths the way, and the fuel and lubrication that keeps us going.
- Work – Though our mission begins with prayer, it continues as we “offer our bodies as living sacrifices” to do the “good works God has prepared beforehand for us to do.”
- And seek – We design our ministries and message for two specific kinds of people:
- Unchurched people who are spiritually hungry – God is already at work in those who are not yet in his family, whetting their appetites and inviting them to the bounteous banquet he offers. We specifically seek those who are ready to take their place at God’s family table as we “go into all the world making disciples.”
- And committed Christians ready to serve – Jesus said, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Pray for the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into the field.” We seek those laborers and strive to provide tools and opportunities for them to utilize their gifts and talents to the fullest in God’s field
Strategy: How we seek to achieve our Mission
To be a Roundabout with lots of ways in and lots of ways out.
Our parish family is like a traffic roundabout
- We are traveling together as a family, with everything we do revolving around our Mission (being A Parish Family: Loving God, Loving our Neighbors, Loving One Another).
- We are building lots of ways for children, individuals, families, and the community to come into the roundabout.
- We are building lots of ways for every child, person, family, and the whole parish family to travel out into the community and world to serve people and invite them back into the roundabout to travel with us.
Our “Target Audience” is unchurched hungry people (in response to Jesus’ Great Commission) and Committed Christians ready to serve (in response to Jesus’ prayer for “Laborers for the harvest”). To the former, we offer soft tasty spiritual food. To the latter, we offer opportunities and permission to utilize their gifts to the fullest for the Lord of the Harvest.
Join Father Tom in the Narthex for a year long look at The Old Testament. Videos will be posted Sunday evenings after 6:00 pm and can be viewed on our Facebook Page or YouTube Channel.
You have the option to give once, or set up a recurring contribution.