Join our Apprentice Rector, Andrew Lazo, Sunday and Monday evenings for a year-long, chapter-by-chapter look at the works of C.S. Lewis. Rev. Andrew will also provide other CSL @ COTM opportunities, such as movie viewings with discussion, theater performance “field trips,” and more!
Sunday Diving Deeper: Mere Christianity
Sundays at 5pm-6pm in the Library and streamed to YouTube (see buttons on this page)
Beginning Sunday 6/4
An interactive class going through Lewis’s classic explanation of the Christian faith one chapter at a time with discussion, Scriptural background, and life application. Also makes use of the excellent resources from some of the top scholars who contributed to Discussing Mere Christianity. It is highly recommended that attendees bring their own copy of the book (any version); some copies will be available for purchase ($13). Copies of Discussing Mere Christianity may be found on Amazon by clicking here.
Looking for MORE C.S. Lewis?
Rev. Andrew has currated some excellent (and FUN!) resources to help you dig into C.S. Lewis even further! See the links at the bottom of the page!
C.S. Lewis Resources
- Spending a Pleasant Hour (Rev. Andrew’s intro to CSL’s Writings from Christian History)
- CSL Doodle, a great way to see a visual and audio representation of various essays and book chapters–incredibly helpful!
- CSL Resources from Rev. Andrew’s website, including a brief bio, and a lists of books by, and books about, CSL
Mere Christianity Resources
- Rev. Andrew’s five helpful hints for reading MC
- CSL Doodle Playlist: A chapter-by-chapter graphic representation, along with the audiobook.
- Intro to study of MC, featuring excellent scholars.
- The lone surviving BBC broadcast by Lewis (in his actual voice)
- Pints With Jack podcast taking MC chapter by chapter
- Mere Christianity – Preface notes by the Restless Pilgrim