Mother’s Day Out (10 MONTHS-2 YEARS):
The Mom’s Day Out ministry is designed to provide a safe, loving place for children to be while moms get a break. The caretakers will pray for, sing to, read to, play with, and take care of each child’s physical needs while they are in the program. They will also monitor play between the children and help foster healthy play between them.
The basic curriculum will be an integration of the following: Christianity, language development, social skills, gross and fine motor skill development, music and movement, arts/crafts, science, social studies and basic math skills.
Two Year Olds:
- The primary focus of the two year olds is socialization.
- They will learn to be comfortable in a school setting, follow directions from an adult other than the parent(s), and play appropriately with other children.
- They will learn how to operate different art mediums (crayons, markers, paint, scissors, glue, etc.) in an appropriate manner.
- Lear shapes and colors
Three Year Olds:
- The three-year-old program will move closer to preparing the children for school. Academic knowledge will be introduced in an age-appropriate, hands on manner.
- Exposure to quality children’s literature will be a primary concern in the classroom. Classroom activities and learning centers will help further comprehension skills requires for later success in school.
- The curriculum will also integrate fine and gross motor skills to begin to foster early writing skills.
- The children will be taught letter and number recognition, as well as pre-writing and math skills.
Four Year Olds/Pre-Kindergarten:
- The primary focus of the four-year-old program is to ready the children for Kindergarten in an age-appropriate and fun manner. Such skills as name writing and letter and number recognition will be included. Activities introduced will foster literacy and math skills.
- Additional academic knowledge is introduced in a fun and playful manner.
- Classroom activities are designed to further develop fine and gross motor skills.
We have been part of the Children of the Messiah Preschool for 3 years and we have been so pleased with our experience. There are many little anecdotes I could share but I think my children's excitement to attend school says enough. Every Tuesday and Thursday our two...
My name is Kristin Jackson and my 2 boys attend preschool at Children of the messiah. My oldest , Tommy , is 4 and started with Miss Marshas 2 year old class in 8/2014. My youngest, Noah ,is 2 and started with Miss Mel's baby class this year , while Tommy is in Miss...
The experience we have had at Children of the Messiah Preschool has been a true blessing to our family. Over the past 4 years, three of my children have attended the preschool and I have seen nothing but genuine love and care from every staff member. I have also...
WE LOVE CHURCH OF THE MESSIAH PRESCHOOL! MY DAUGHTER STARTED WHEN SHE JUST TURNED 3 AND I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT SENDING HER AS SHE HAD NEVER BEEN TO DAYCARE OR SCHOOL BEFORE. EVERYONE THERE WAS SO KIND AND HELPFUL WITH THE TRANSITION THAT IT MADE IT EASIER FOR MY...
We have been so happy having our children at Children of the Messiah Preschool. My son and daughter have been blessed to have this preschool as their first school experience. The teachers and staff continuously and tirelessly provide a loving and caring environment...
Church of the Messiah is a wonderful preschool to enroll your kids! Barbara Ellerbe has been the Director for many years and does a fantastic job running the program! Three of my daughters have attended COTM. My 16 year old first attended, 13 years ago, my 13 year...
As first time parents it was very hard for our family to trust our child in anyone's hands besides our own. The Messiah Family put out minds at ease by continuously welcoming us in and our daughter in with open, loving, and caring hearts! Our daughter is excited to go...