Mother’s Day Out (10 MONTHS-2 YEARS):
The Mom’s Day Out ministry is designed to provide a safe, loving place for children to be while moms get a break. The caretakers will pray for, sing to, read to, play with, and take care of each child’s physical needs while they are in the program. They will also monitor play between the children and help foster healthy play between them.
The basic curriculum will be an integration of the following: Christianity, language development, social skills, gross and fine motor skill development, music and movement, arts/crafts, science, social studies and basic math skills.
Two Year Olds:
- The primary focus of the two-year-old program is socialization.
- They will learn to be comfortable in a school setting, follow directions from an adult other than their parent(s), and play appropriately with other children.
- They will learn how to operate different art mediums (crayons, markers, paint, scissors, glue, etc.) in an appropriate manner.
- Learn shapes and colors
Three Year Olds:
- The three-year-old program will move closer to preparing the children for school. Academic knowledge will be introduced in an age-appropriate, hands on manner.
- Exposure to quality children’s literature will be a primary concern in the classroom. Classroom activities and learning centers will help further comprehension skills required for later success in school.
- The curriculum will also integrate fine and gross motor skills to begin to foster early writing skills.
- The children will be taught letter and number recognition, as well as pre-writing and math skills.
Four Year Olds/Pre-Kindergarten:
- The primary focus of the four-year-old program is to ready the children for Kindergarten in an age-appropriate and fun manner. Such skills as name writing and letter and number recognition will be included. Activities introduced will foster literacy and math skills.
- Additional academic knowledge is introduced in a fun and playful manner.
- Classroom activities are designed to further develop fine and gross motor skills.
We have been part of the Children of the Messiah Preschool for 3 years and we have been so pleased with our experience. There are many little...
My name is Kristin Jackson and my 2 boys attend preschool at Children of the messiah. My oldest , Tommy , is 4 and started with Miss Marshas 2 year...
The experience we have had at Children of the Messiah Preschool has been a true blessing to our family. Over the past 4 years, three of my children...
WE LOVE CHURCH OF THE MESSIAH PRESCHOOL! MY DAUGHTER STARTED WHEN SHE JUST TURNED 3 AND I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS ABOUT SENDING HER AS SHE HAD NEVER...
We have been so happy having our children at Children of the Messiah Preschool. My son and daughter have been blessed to have this preschool as...
Church of the Messiah is a wonderful preschool to enroll your kids! Barbara Ellerbe has been the Director for many years and does a fantastic job...
As first time parents it was very hard for our family to trust our child in anyone's hands besides our own. The Messiah Family put out minds at ease...