A Virtual School for a Virtuous Life
What Makes Us Special?
The spark behind Messiah Academy embodies the classic one-room schoolhouse while utilizing state-of-the-art technology to teach a values-based curriculum designed to maximize each student’s development beyond anything available in conventional schools.
- has a student:teacher ratio that fosters relationships, enabling us to understand and meet each child’s unique needs and abilities.
- uses collaborative multi-age grouping to reinforce academic concepts and instill responsibility, leadership skills and a sense of community.
- provides laptops and collaborates with Florida Virtual School to provide an academic program tailored for each student. Our emphasis on STEAM* focused academics and communication skills prepares our students for high achievement in their chosen field.
- constantly seeks educational opportunities and
- supportive partnerships in our community.
Additionally, Messiah Academy incorporates…
- Christian formation, so every student is fully aware of the presence and the role of God in his or her life.
- A fine arts program that includes music education, performing arts and visual arts.
- Nutrition classes coupled with actively assisting in the preparation, service and clean up of meals and snacks.
- Frequent adventure walks and field trips because opportunities for learning happen both inside and outside the classroom.
Enable our children to strive to their unique potential in an environment of love, respect and security, “with the knowledge of God’s will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives.” (Col. 1:9)
Provide comprehensive education and formation for our students. Guided by Scripture and fellowship, our students will establish a foundation for life-long achievement as responsible, caring members of our community.
Change the world with the Messiah: one child and one family at a time.
As students transition into adolescence, they go through a period of enormous physiological and emotional development. In keeping with our mission, and with the unique needs of middle school students, we integrate academics with character, social, and leadership development. We challenge our students and care about each one as an individual. Students need strong intellectual opportunities to succeed academically and they need moral and healthy personal development to succeed fully in life.
We emphasize ethical and moral development of our students. This on-going effort happens in class, during chapel, at meals, on adventure walks and during field trips as students serve one another and their community. We work with parents to reinforce ethics, tolerance, respect, honesty and the importance of God’s presence in our lives. In all our endeavors, we encourage students to try new things and explore their interests with the knowledge that they are never alone — we are here to help and we always have their best interests at heart.
High school provides a tremendous opportunity for unique learning endeavors by combining experience-based developmental learning with formal academic disciplines. We partner with local professional and educational enterprises as interdisciplinary resources to create exceptional academic experiences for each student. An atmosphere of joy is noticeable from the moment you step foot on the Messiah campus. In the classroom, you will hear the cheerful buzz of students who are a community in the truest sense of the word. Our students are learning to care for one another and care for their physical space – indoor and outdoor, which creates a feeling of home. The sense of community found here provides security and stability for our students that empowers them to flourish throughout their lives.
Saturday, September 22- 5-9pm Bring your friends and join us for a night if Bingo. $20 for 17 games. Additional game cards are available for purchase. Child Care is provided: $5 per child includes movie, popcorn and crafts. 50/50 raffle the night of Bingo. Raffle...
Interested in being confirmed? Are you joining us from another tradition? Then this group is for you!For the month of August there will be no Revive and no Diving Deeper. Father Tom and Mother Tracy will merge groups for an Inquirer’s Group: This group is open to...