Pastoral Care is looking out for and looking after our brothers and sisters in the Messiah family, particularly those who are ill, in the hospital, in need, or grief.
There are many opportunities for you to serve according to your gifts, talents, availability, and interest:
- The Prayer Chain prays for people who are ill, in need, or in crisis. A phone call to Elise Bradford at 407-701-2557 has two dozen prayer warriors praying for your request within the hour.
- The Casserole Patrol provides meals and food for folks who are sick, have been hospitalized, had a baby, or have had a death in their family
- Transportation for those who aren’t able to get themselves to Church on Sundays
- Hospital or home visitation for people who are ill
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors take communion to those unable to make it to Church on Sunday
- Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death grief support group in the Spring and Fall of the year. If you’d like to know more about this, please contact Deacon Julie Altenbach at [email protected] or Jill Brown at 407-656-5776.
If you’d like to serve, each of these ministries is flexible according to your availablity.
If you have any questions about any of these ministries, or need some care or support yourself, please contact the church office at 407-656-3218 or speak with one of our clergy.
Join us as we celebrate Easter in the Messiah Family. We'll gather at 8:00 am , 9:30 am, 11:00 am and 7:00pm to marvel at the empty tomb and celebrate our Risen Lord! Childcare is provided and Children's Church happens at 9:30 and 11:00.
April 19th, 12pm and 7pm Join us at Noon or 7:00pm. This service is a somber reflection on the greatest gift ever given, when Christ laid down his life for us.
April 18th, 6:00 pm Join us for a seder inspired meal as we reflect on the Passover and celebrate Holy Communion. Please let Terri Wetherington know you're coming so we can have enough food.