Pastoral Care is looking out for and looking after our brothers and sisters in the Messiah family, particularly those who are ill, in the hospital, in need, or grief.
There are many opportunities for you to serve according to your gifts, talents, availability, and interest:
- The Prayer Chain prays for people who are ill, in need, or in crisis. A phone call to Elise Bradford at 407-701-2557 has two dozen prayer warriors praying for your request within the hour.
- The Casserole Patrol provides meals and food for folks who are sick, have been hospitalized, had a baby, or have had a death in their family
- Transportation for those who aren’t able to get themselves to Church on Sundays
- Hospital or home visitation for people who are ill
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors take communion to those unable to make it to Church on Sunday
- Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death grief support group in the Spring and Fall of the year. If you’d like to know more about this, please contact Deacon Julie Altenbach at [email protected] or Jill Brown at 407-656-5776.
If you’d like to serve, each of these ministries is flexible according to your availablity.
If you have any questions about any of these ministries, or need some care or support yourself, please contact the church office at 407-656-3218 or speak with one of our clergy.
Art Night: Fall Painting - Oct 22, 2018 6:00pm - 8:00pm Come join us in the Parish Hall for an evening of painting, fellowship, and learning. We provide some snacks and drinks, and welcome you to bring anything you’d like to share. Our guest artist Ashley Senften will...
Join us Saturday, October 20th, from 5-8pm! We'll gather in the Parish Hall for an evening of family fun! We'll have games, chili & dessert contest, and a bounce house. The festival is free! Entry into the contest is $10. Please see our Children's Minister, Angela...
November 16th-18th Join with men from Church of the Messiah, and around the diocese for a weekend retreat.The event begins with dinner on Friday at 6:00pm and ends after lunch on Sunday. It is open to men of all ages. A time for: Eating great food and playing sports...