Pastoral Care is looking out for and looking after our brothers and sisters in the Messiah family, particularly those who are ill, in the hospital, in need, or grief.
There are many opportunities for you to serve according to your gifts, talents, availability, and interest:
- The Prayer Chain prays for people who are ill, in need, or in crisis. A phone call to Elise Bradford at 407-701-2557 has two dozen prayer warriors praying for your request within the hour.
- The Casserole Patrol provides meals and food for folks who are sick, have been hospitalized, had a baby, or have had a death in their family
- Transportation for those who aren’t able to get themselves to Church on Sundays
- Hospital or home visitation for people who are ill
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors take communion to those unable to make it to Church on Sunday
- Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death grief support group in the Spring and Fall of the year. If you’d like to know more about this, please contact Deacon Julie Altenbach at [email protected] or Jill Brown at 407-656-5776.
If you’d like to serve, each of these ministries is flexible according to your availablity.
If you have any questions about any of these ministries, or need some care or support yourself, please contact the church office at 407-656-3218 or speak with one of our clergy.
Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death Spring Session: March 3 through April 7, 2019 “Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death” bereavement program is a Christ –centered format to provide small groups conversations about life, death, grief and hope. For...
Join us Wednesday, March 6th at Noon and 7 PM for our Ash Wednesday Services. This special service invites you into the observation of a Holy Lent, and provides the imposition of ashes to remind us that we are dust, and to dust we shall return.
March 5th, 5-8pm We hope you'll koin our Youth, in the Parish Hall, for a wonderful Pancake Supper with the fixings! Our annual Pancake Supper is a great way to get to know our other Messiah folks, enjoy a great meal, and support our youth as they raise money for...