Pastoral Care is looking out for and looking after our brothers and sisters in the Messiah family, particularly those who are ill, in the hospital, in need, or grief.
There are many opportunities for you to serve according to your gifts, talents, availability, and interest:
- The Prayer Chain prays for people who are ill, in need, or in crisis. A phone call to Elise Bradford at 407-701-2557 has two dozen prayer warriors praying for your request within the hour.
- The Casserole Patrol provides meals and food for folks who are sick, have been hospitalized, had a baby, or have had a death in their family
- Transportation for those who aren’t able to get themselves to Church on Sundays
- Hospital or home visitation for people who are ill
- Lay Eucharistic Visitors take communion to those unable to make it to Church on Sunday
- Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death grief support group in the Spring and Fall of the year. If you’d like to know more about this, please contact Deacon Julie Altenbach at [email protected] or Jill Brown at 407-656-5776.
If you’d like to serve, each of these ministries is flexible according to your availablity.
If you have any questions about any of these ministries, or need some care or support yourself, please contact the church office at 407-656-3218 or speak with one of our clergy.
Ring in the New Year with shouts of Bingo! Join us January 5th, from 3:00-7:00pm. This is an adults only, cash only event. Bring a friend or two and fill your card to win cash prizes. Food and Beverage will be available for purchase.
DIOCESAN REVIVAL SERVICE FRIDAY, FEB. 1, 2019 | FIRST BAPTIST ORLANDO 7:00 P.M. (DOORS OPEN AT 5:00 P.M.) BRING A FRIEND (OR SEVERAL) TO A WORSHIP SERVICE FEATURING: Music that reflects our cultural diversity Heartfelt testimonies from people of faith Enthusiastic,...
We hope you'll join us in celebrating the reason for the season! Dec 23rd, Christmas Eve Eve 7 PM Contemporary Service Dec 24th, Christmas Eve 5 PM Children's Pageant 7 PM Traditional Carols & Communion with Incense 10:30 PM Carols & Communion Dec 25th,...